Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Georgia Renaissance Festival for fresh articles!
The Georgia Renaissance Festival is a fun and exciting place to work. We are committed to diversity in all staff, volunteers, and audiences and we welcome applications from any individual regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, culture, religion, and physical and mental abilities.The Festival operates October 10 through November 22, 2020 on Saturdays and Sundays. Employees are expected to be available for all Festival dates. Applicants with prior experience in food service, entertainment, groundskeeping, stage management, customer relations, or cashiering are strongly encouraged to apply. We offer competitive compensation based on experience and position.
Join us at the Georgia Renaissance Festival for an experience you'll never forget!
Food & Beverage - Cook
Cooks work in a fast-paced, high-volume, industrial-style kitchen. They are required to set up workstations, prepare foods using various equipment, ensure cleanliness, and maintain proper holding temperatures. Experience is an advantage, but not required. APPLY NOW
Food & Beverage - Food Prep
Food preparers assemble orders, ensure food quality, assist cooks, ensure cleanliness, and proper holding temperatures. Experience as a Food Expediter is an advantage, but not required. APPLY NOW
Food & Beverage - Front-End Cashier
Foodservice cashiers interact with customers ensuring excellent customer service, taking orders, processing payments, and giving back accurate change. Basic math skills are needed, but customer service experience is not required. A Renaissance-themed costume required. APPLY NOW
Game attendants interact with customers (frequently children) ensuring excellent customer service, taking payments, and giving back accurate change. Basic math skills are needed, as well as an outgoing personality. A Renaissance-themed costume is required. APPLY NOW
This position includes selling tickets. Ticket booth workers are responsible for making change and balancing a till at the end of a shift. A Renaissance-themed costume required. APPLY NOW
This position includes greeting guests, taking and scanning tickets with a provided device, and answering guest questions. Front Gate workers also keep the area around the Front Gate tidy. This position is customer-service oriented and requires extensive interaction with patrons most of the day. A Renaissance-themed costume is required. APPLY NOW
This position includes selling tickets to onsite events and giving information to patrons as needed. Info Booth workers are responsible for making change and balancing a till at the end of a shift. This position is customer-service oriented. A Renaissance-themed costume is required. APPLY NOW
These positions are for Saturdays, Sundays of our regular season - October 10 thru November 22, 2020.
Orientation for all employees will be in October.
In-person interviews will be announced at a later date.
Contact our office if you have any questions: 770-964-8575
Special Events Coordinator
This unique position is perfect for an enthusiastic, organized, detail-oriented person with a positive attitude and proven problem-solving skills. Strong leadership skills and the ability to confidently manage multiple details and personalities a must.
Position duties include:
- Responsible for all day-of event management, in partnership with the Entertainment Director
- Responsible for pre-event set up and final checks
- Greet clients upon arrival and assist with any changes or needs
- Work with Food and Beverage manager on service and catering displays
- Ensure on-time set up and readiness of the event area
- Communicate with all event staff prior to event start and answer any questions
- Communicate with client during the event and help with any needs
- Manage day-of special requests and accurately track additional incurred costs
- Act as closing supervisor on event days. See clients off and assist with any outstanding details as needed
- Conduct final venue walk-through for any items left behind by clients
or guests, ensure all equipment has been replaced to proper location,
and confirm that venue and shared spaces are ready for the next event
- In partnership with the Entertainment Director, develop wedding and special event packages and design ideas
Previous Renaissance Festival experience a plus, but not required.
- This position is primarily an outdoor festival position, which includes hot/inclement weather
- This position includes moving tables, chairs and food/beverage displays up to 30 pounds
- The position may require you to remaining in a stationary position,
often standing or sitting for prolonged periods (60 minutes)
- This position requires a festival-approved costume
- Applicants **must** be over the age of 21
- Candidates must be able to commute to our location in Fairburn, GA
- Must be able to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent management and organization skills
- Should be passionate about event planning
- A team player
- Deadline oriented
This position is a contract position and paid on a per-wedding/event basis.
Hours are limited to weekends only, no more than 5 hours a day.
For questions or to apply directly, please email Entertainment Director Catie Osborn or call 770-964-8575 x 106.
Stage Managers & Backstage Crew Members for our 2020 season
Position Details:The Georgia Renaissance Festival is home to seven stages and three music venues that require outgoing, organized and efficient stage managers and run crew.
Our backstage crew supervises all production needs of our stages. Depending upon the needs of the specific stages and acts, members of the crew may handle responsibilities such as sweeping the stage, arranging the benches, calling up a crowd, hanging signs, ushering patrons, checking posted stage schedules, assisting with hat pass, as well as set up and take down of props. On some stages, working with a sound system may be required.
This is an excellent opportunity for theatre students to gain experience in a fast-paced, interactive environment.
Ideal stage manager candidates will have some previous stage management or event organization experience. A basic familiarity with sound equipment and Excel is a plus but not required.
Please note that this is a part-time position (Saturdays/Sundays only).
To apply, email the Entertainment Director with a resume and/or portfolio or call 770-964-8575 ext 106.